Top 5 Future PPC Trends that You Should Know About
By the end of 2019, Google has released more or less 18 updates in Google Ads, while Bing had come up with only four changes in Microsoft Ads during the period. Just like new characters are added in a new sequel, several new platforms that are now become a part of the Pay Per Click (PPC) world.
The zone of Pay Per Click is ever-expending. From TikTok to Google, Facebook to Instagram, advertisers are exploring new channels to attract and engage with new and potential customers.
With the evolution of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), and automation, PPC platforms are now adopting these features to increase and sustain their engagement and improve their Return on Investment (ROI). If you’re working for PPC agencies or perform PPC management services, here’s a list of PPC trends that you should know in 2021;
PPC Trend 01: PPC Automation
In the year 2021, the world’s global automation industry is expected to expand rapidly and generate up to $238 billion, marking PPC as the biggest segment being process automation. The process automation market size will rise from 71.5% to 83.2% by 2021.
One of the greatest trends of 2021 in the PPC advertising world will be automation that is the use of machine learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to automatize all manual tasks associated with Bing and Google Ads. Moreover, automation will help you determine where you can best achieve the target within each campaign.
Automation will not only just assist PPC experts to craft effective campaigns but also;
• Optimize those ads that are more likely to generate finer conversions
• Identify issues in the performance of an account
• Generate ads based on web content and user intent
• Automatically generate ad performance reports
• Look for the best bidding strategy to meet various goals
• Prohibit low-performance ads and prioritize those that generate the best results
• Optimize and create ad copy based on data feeds with Google Scripts.
PPC Trend 02: Rule of Video Ads will continue
According to an estimate, 82% of all the internet traffic will be generated from the videos by 2022 that was 75% in 2017. Furthermore, studies have made it evident that people remember approximately 95% of video messages as opposed to a written one. This is one of the reasons why video ads are effective in your PPC marketing strategy.
You can capture the attention of a large audience pool with videos as 58% of customers trust a brand with more videos than those without it. In addition, video ads have the potential to increase conversion and drive huge engagement in long run.
Here’s how videos will work for PPC in 2021
• More marketers will link the products in the video ads.
• Many businesses will adapt to Google’s vertical video ads in the future.
• Video marketing will dominate in Instagram Stories
• Marketers will incorporate Virtual Reality (VR) to offer real-time experiences for customers.
Now, Google has introduced a Bumper Machine feature that utilizes machine learning to create 6-second bumper ads from longer ones to display throughout YouTube.
PPC Trend 03: New Era of Smart Bidding
One of the most common challenges faced by most of the PPC Agencies is optimizing campaign bids. Now Google Ads will help you out in determining how much you can earn from your budget, which ultimately resulted in reducing the efforts of optimizing campaigns and manual tracking.
Smart bidding, powered by machine learning, is a subset of automated bidding strategies. You can increase the conversion and optimize the ads based on your defined goals. It provides smart insights based on user’s buying patterns and purchasing behavior.
Now say bye-bye to guessing your bidding strategy and hello to smart bidding in 2021.
Smart bidding is essential to meet numerous PPC goals including;
• Target ROAS: Generate the best return on investment (ROI) on your financing.
• Target CPA: generate organic leads and customers for your required cost per acquisition.
• Maximize Conversion: multiply your conversion rate with smart bidding.
Google now has released new smart bidding options for better controls that include; campaign-level conversion setting, seasonality conversion, and maximize conversion.
PPC Trend 04: Google AdMob and Smart Segmentation
It has been expected that mobile applications will generate $581 billion in 2021 via in-app advertising and paid downloads.
Introduced in 2019, smart segmentation utilizes machine learning for user’s segmentation based on their preferences and likelihood of spending money within the gaming apps. Also, it assists app developers to generate profit from non-spending players.
PPC ads will most likely be displayed to the players who are unlikely to make an in-app purchase and help grow your revenue via ads. Whereas, the user who usually makes an in-app purchase will see no ad.
Advertising on mobile or AdMob offers smarter reporting and analytics features to explore new insights that will better help improve your app. AdMob identifies and alerts you whenever the system detects unexpected changes to key metrics such as impressions or CPM. With AdMob, you will get notified if these adverse changes are affecting the user experience.
In late 2019, Google added new features in AdMob like User Engagement Card, Easy Comparison Reporting, AdMob API, and Rewarded Ads Report.
PPC Trends 05: Virtual Reality Ads
As people now spend more time in the world of Virtual Reality (VR), it also opens up new lands of opportunities for PPC marketers.
Here’s how VR can transform PPC ads;
• VR will provide complete insight into what screen part viewers are looking at and the areas where they have chosen to interact with.
• VR technology utilizes eye-tracking technology to activate an advertisement. When the user looks at it several times, the ad will start.
• 360-degree videos will help consumers to learn more about a product and interact with it more effectively.
• Since most of the Gen Zers and Millennials are using Virtual reality, targeting that age group has now become easier.
• The strategy behind the virtual reality ads is to enable viewers to experience the product before they actually purchase it.
As a PPC management service provider, you need to withhold these PPC trends to win the most from Pay-per-Click advertising campaigns. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and automation will change the way businesses form and run ads, and there will be a surge in video ads across devices.
Marketers who optimize their ads will see better results from their PPC campaigns in 2021 by firmly adopting these trends. Also, Google and Facebook alternatives such as Quoras, LinkedIn, and Amazon will help you gain better ROI in 2021.